Monday, August 15, 2016

For P-day last week we played this game called scatter ball.  It is like an ultimate dodge ball game.  We are running around like crazy waiting for up to three balls we played with and I even won a game.  First girl to win!!  That day was very fun.
We have a lot of investigators, but we are still trying to find more.  We tracted for 2 1/2 hours one day and it felt so nice to sit back down.

Sister Nield is having, what they think is, kidney problems, so we had to leave our area to go to the doctors.  Because our schedule didn't go as planned it allowed for us to be led by The Lord on what to do.  I find that The Lord changes our plans so that we can be led to the elect and who we need to be teaching right now.

Our Mission President came up to our zone to do President interviews and that went well.  They are so awesome and I love them so much.

Funny story:  We were visiting a less-active family for a while and needed to get going so we said our goodbyes and got in the car.  The smell of dog poop just filled the car and I came to realize that I was the one who stepped in it.  We had to wait 'till we arrived at our destination for me to wipe it off on the grass.  The first time I wear my boots and that happens ... :/  Oh well.  Something to laugh about now; even while it was happening.

We get fed by the members and even our investigators feed us occasionally, but one of the members forgot we were coming.  He had us follow him to the bank and then he gave us $40 to go out to eat wherever we wanted.  Sweet!  We tried a local restaurant that we pass by all the time and it was great.


We do a lot of service and one of the weekly service opportunities we do is serve ice cream to war veterans in a nursing home.  It's great because people are happy when they are getting ice cream.  They are happy, which makes us happy.  Later that same day we visited a lady in our ward with young children and who babysits a lot and I realized that babies look like old people.  Sister Fetters said, "yeah, if you want to know what you will look like when you are old just look at your baby pictures!"  True statement.

People say that the state bird is the mosquito, but I swear it has to be bees.  Due to the lack of strong winters in the past, the bees, wasps, and hornets are not dying off.  I haven't been stung yet, but we were sitting outside with a member when she said that the bees are very domestic and haven't stung anybody.  The second she said that she got stung.  The bees are seriously out to get us.  I am constantly moving around to get away from them and Sister Nield is starting to think I am hallucinating.  

We are having so much fun here and I am grateful to be here at this time.  Later today we are going to go hike Hatcher's Pass which I hear is breath taking.  Can't wait.

Many Thanks!!!

Sister Shelley Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment