Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The MTC is great !!!! The busy schedule is not too stressful – it’s like EFY all over.  My companion's name is Sister Kimball. She is very caring and works really hard during studying times when the Elders like to goof off. I love my district which is fairly large consisting of twelve members: 8 elders who are all going to serve in Louisville, Kentucky and 4 sisters all going to Alaska (in the pic - the one in pink is Sister Burdick, the one in blue on the bed is my companion Sister Kimball and the one in the back next to me is Sister Mataele from Hawaii.  We are all roommates and have bonded really quickly.  
 We are the ones trying to keep the elders on task. The first week's schedule is a bit of a handful since it is not consistent but all the other missionaries say just get to Sunday or get to your first Preparation Day (P-Day) and it will all be fine. This week all the meals are at the same time and majority of the classes are too which I love. We have one of our teachers present some of the time who helps us tremendously. Though, a lot of classroom time is left up to us to study even when we want to socialize. This second week we began teaching our first TRC investigators. They are paid actors who help us with our training to one day teach real investigators of the Church. We are having to teach three investigators every other day. One is our teacher pretending to be an actual investigator they encountered on their mission and the others are from the Training Resource Center. Our teacher's investigator and our first investigator we visited with at the TRC are fantastic--very warm and friendly. It is easy for us to be guided by the Spirit to teach them. Our last investigator is very different. First the beginning of the meeting we were just on the wrong foot. It was hard to connect with her and we hardly taught her anything. This investigator is definitely a trial we are being put through from the Lord. I am glad, though, that we are having to go through this now rather than the first time in the mission field. I think about her still and pray to have Christ like love for her.

We are required to exercise every day except on Sundays and they are optional on P-Days but I have found the desire to exercise more than ever. I yearn for the good feeling afterwards and ability to focus more easily. Something I realized about myself here is that junk food makes me tired and unfocused. At home I can be fine to eat whatever but I'm trying now to eat better foods even when there are so many options for dessert here. I know if I eat things I shouldn't I'll regret it later in class. One week down, two more to go till we are off to ALASKA!! I can't wait to go but I have seen the blessing of having the Missionary Training Center and know I'll grow spiritually and as a teacher in the weeks to come. 

The best news!!!  The National Tribute Band is coming July 24 and our MTC choir sings backup!! We get to sing three songs with them!! I am so excited and the music is awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment